South Texas Health IT Students - You May Be Eligible for a $5,000 Scholarship!
Established and funded by the HIMSS South Texas Chapter, this local chapter supported scholarship is awarded to a student member who exhibits academic excellence and future leadership potential in the healthcare information and management systems industry.
The winner will receive the following:
- Symbol of recognition;
- Public announcement in an official HIMSS publication and on relevant website(s);
- Registration to HIMSS Global Health Conference and Exhibition;
- Airfare for recipient to travel to conference;
- Two-night hotel stay for recipient near conference location;
- $5,000 scholarship to recipient;
- $200 Honoraria;
The call for scholarship applications is now open and will close on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
After creating an account you will be prompted to select a scholarship type. Please select "Chapter Supported Scholarship."
Scholarship Application Criteria
Applicants for the HIMSS South Texas Chapter Scholarship must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- The applicant must be (or become prior to application submission) a student member in good standing of HIMSS with a South Texas Chapter designation. Join: https://www.himss.org/membership-types/individual
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded must be that of student in an accredited undergraduate, Masters or PhD program related to the healthcare information management systems field. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in industrial engineering, operations research, healthcare informatics, computer science and information systems, mathematics, and quantitative programs in business administration and hospital administration will predominate.
- Undergraduate applicants must be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded
Note: Previous Foundation Scholarship winners are ineligible
The Nomination Process
Any person meeting the eligibility and required criteria may be nominated. Candidates may also nominate themselves for the scholarship. Only fully-completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The online application form will require the following information:
- A completed application using the online nomination form;
- Two letters of recommendation provided by any of the following: peers, colleagues, managers, or professors. We discourage nominees from submitting letters of recommendation written by Selection Committee judges;
- Resume/curriculum vitae.